Monday, February 12, 2018

Yongdo: Happy New Years

Hello happy new YEARS!!! I have reached it way before you guys reached it! haha Today for the sunrise we went up to a mountain around Five O clock, and watched the first sunrise over Korea that is a very common culture among Koreans!! haha so that was cool, but now I am very tired! :(

So this week the only thing that I really want to talk about is a man named Yoo Jay Young, This man is super awesome and I have come to be really close with him! I would consider him to be my Korean Father~ haha So I first met this man in April of 2017 when I moved to Goejeong. Ever since then I have been meeting with him. At first I thought he was a lost cause because he never listened to our messages but always wanted to teach us his philosophies. I have taught him at least every lesson but he had no hope or desire to do anything with that, he just liked meeting with me. He said that when he was around 8 years old he had met another missionary and he loved him when he was a kid, but since then he has never met another missionary before. Then one day he said "I heard an american voice say Anyong Haseyo" and that was me! I got his number and met with him. Well long story short I have been meeting with this guy for the past 8 or so months and I don't know what has happened but about a month ago he started to change. He accepted my Church invitation for the first time and has came ever since, and the other day he accepted a baptism date! For January 14! I have been feeling like the reason I have stayed in this area for so long is for him, and that I needed to baptize him before I left, but I didn't know how cause he had no interest. But here I am going to baptize this man that I met 8 months ago! I have grown really close with him and I am super happy  that I have been able to help him come to this choice! 

Outside of that we picked up some awesome investigators and we have a really big pool right now! We are meeting with most of them regularly! A really cool one we got is named Elena. She is fluent in english and wanted to meet for english but we met her yesterday and had a really cool discussion about gospel. She has had a long hard search in her life for religion and has decided that Buddhism is best for her! But she is super nice and fluent in English! So its fun! She is about my moms age and has a daughter my age. 

This week I have been studying about revelation and its real, Super cool stuff! As members of the church we have been giving a gift that we take for granted.  That is the gift of the Holy Ghost! We literally have the power to receive revelation when we need it but most members either don't recognize that or don't use it! So just do it! haha I am trying to use that gift more recently and I have been seeing a bunch of cool miracles! So maybe this stuff is actually true?! who knows! haha 

Love you all!!

Happy New Year!

-스태그 장로



Nightscape

The Committee

Cat on a hot tin roof

Getting back to nature

No such thing as a small town in Korea

Like a bridge over troubled waters

So Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment