On monday we met Erik. Erik is from Africa Rohyanda, and is super sick. He loves laughing and is a super nice guy! His whole family are pastors for other churches but he really like our church because of prophets and he thinks that it just makes sence. Right now he is reading the Book of Mormon and is loving it! We have invited him to get baptized but he sayed he doesnt see why he needs to get baptized again because his father baptized him when he was a kid, we had to be careful to answer that without offending him and his father. So he said he will pray about it and if he gets an answer about the Book of Mormon and Baptism he would love to be a member of our church! He really like how we respect other churches and just because they dont have our same views we don't think the are going to hell. He has lots of potential but right now because of his work he can't come to church. But he is in the middle of changing jobs so he says once he does that he want to come! So hopefully he gets that figured out soon!
Next is 주영헌 (Joo Young Hun) He is 22 years old and a personal trainer. He loves excersizing and wants to move to England so he wants to learn english. We met with him and talked in English for a bit and then taught him the Restoration and invited him to come to church in which he said that he would. He also accepted to read the Book of Mormon. (He didnt come to church because he had to suddenly help his friend move late saturday night so he was super tired. But he will come next week he said.
We have more investigators but nothing super special has happend yet so I will talk about them once that happens!
Recently I have been studying alot about the spirit and Revelation. I have learned a lot about it but the thing that I have read about this week, is that we need to ask for revelation or we wont get it usually. But just because we ask doesnt mean we will get it. In the scriptures is says we need to ask seek and knock.. as I have studied this I think I have figured out why it uses these very similiar phrases all the time.
When we ASK well its pretty obvious we need to use our voices and ask a question or ask for something from someone else. --- So in this case we need to pray and ask our Father in Heaven.
Next is SEEK. When we seek that is more of a long term thing. We need to do our part to find the answer and let revelation flow through to us. We need to gain knowledge.
And last is KNOCK. This is the one that I have always been the most confused with.. How does knocking have anything to do with revelation? I have always thought it was refering to the parable fo knocking on your neighbors door at night. But no matter what it is refering to the important thing is that it takes ACTION. The knocking part is where we need to trust god and do everything we can to do it and let god do the rest.
I think most people are really good at the first one.'
And then I would say Half make it to the second step.
But I think the 3rd step is the hardest step for most people. This is the one where it takes the most trust and faith, I would argue that this is the hardest step. This is the step that I have struggled the most with and this is the step that I am studying the most. And I have learned a lot about it. To sum up all of what I have learned is this.
But I think the 3rd step is the hardest step for most people. This is the one where it takes the most trust and faith, I would argue that this is the hardest step. This is the step that I have struggled the most with and this is the step that I am studying the most. And I have learned a lot about it. To sum up all of what I have learned is this.
Most people think to hard, they think revelation is more complicated than it is, the expect some big answer to come but they usually dont come. Most of the time they are very small feelings that are usually very similiar to your own feelings, and maybe if you have had no experience with revelation they feel exactly the same to you. But as you follow the good ones and trust, you slowly get better at being able to tell them apart. You will make mistakes sometimes but you always progress. It is exactly like a language. You need to fail or make a mistake to grow, but the important part is the more you just act, trust and have faith the better you get at it!
Ok I love you all and I will talk to you all next week!
-스태그 장로!
No comments:
Post a Comment