So yesterday we were able to spend our last day together with a baptismal service for 2 people! First time I have had more than one person get baptized! These were some of the hardest most stressful baptisms that I have ever had! They are both 8 years old and one is our recent converts son and the other is one of our members nephews. I though they would be so easy because what could go wrong? But they were planned to get baptized 3 months ago but we had to keep pushing it off because they wouldn't come to church so we couldn't teach them or they would come and get in fights with each other so we couldn't teach them. Literally Satan threw everything he had at them and I was pretty sure I was going to leave before the got baptized but we made a hard push at the end and were able to get them baptized! Our recent convert Kim Jong Gook was able to baptize his son which was really cool to see! Its really fulfilling when you see someone you helped get baptized use there priesthood authority to do good to others! After the baptism they were both smiling so much and it makes one feel good! Then I had Elder Birrell baptize the other kid because its a cool experience to baptize someone and he has never done it before! haha But he had to do it 4 times and the branch president said that it is a new record for youngdo! haha it was the most irreverent baptism I have ever seen! He did it the first time and the kids legs came out of the water, he pulled him up and the kid started screaming (just cause he is super hyper and thats the way he is) and then the other kid that was supposed to get baptized was laughing super hard and kicking his feet in the water, and so Elder Birrell had to do it again, but this time his head didn't go all the way under, and when the kid came out of the water he started running towards the starts but he had to come back and he was just screaming "WHY?!" "WHY?!" With a glare at elder Birrell he walked back over and finally after another try he was able to do it! haha but the whole congregation was laughing and the kids were screaming and laughing.. haha it was crazy! poor Elder Birrell! haha
Anyways I am loving the mission, I love moments like those where you can see the good that you did in someones life! It makes one feel good! I am going to treasure these memories up for the rest of my life! I strongly urge everyone who is worthy to get there lazy butts up and go on a mission! It is the best thing in the World and you will not regret going!! It is super awesome!! 100% recommendation from me!
Well I will email you next week with an update on my new area companion and calling!
I also want to start adding more spiritual stuff to my emails so I will work on that next week! Because of transfers I don't have much time to email today!
Love you all!
-Elder Stagg
| Just needed something to warm me against the cold wind of communism |
| Breakfast |
| 3 course dessert |
| Look mom, no brains. |
| Beach day |
| Rush hour |
No comments:
Post a Comment