Well this week was super busy, like usual... We had not a lot of time to meet with our investigators so that was sad.
So on Tuesday, we had planned on meeting one of our investigators at a restaurant. And in Korean culture the older person usually pays for the food or at least pays for his own... Well we go to a fried chicken place to eat (they are pricy) and we finish and he is not getting up to pay so we kind of sit there confused and he looks at us and says "you are not going to pay" at that point we are like Oh yeah of course we are and then had to pay for his chicken and beer... So that sucked! Also we weren't able to talk much about what we wanted to because we got a call from one of the young women in the ward saying that she got her mission call and wanted us to come... but it was in an hour and we were at least a half hour bus ride away.. So we quickly ate with our investigator and then took a taxi all the way over there.. to find out that they order a bunch of Domino's pizza! Its never been so hard to eat pizza, haha we were so full from so much chicken! But it was good! She got called to the Seoul South Mission!
Then on Wednesday,I went on exchanges with Elder Evaga! We did some Jundo(proselyting), and other stuff. We met with Yoo Jay Young(My korean Father) at the Lotte Department Store and went to the top of the roof and it was a super cool view! I have faith that Yoo Jay Young will get baptized! I have a feeling that that is why I have stayed in this district for so long! Haha So I am trying to get him baptized! We then met Kim Dong Gyoo(our investigator) at his restaurant, with his wife! Haha they are so cute together! They have been married for 30 or so years but they still act like they are in there honey moon stage! I love them! I invited him to take the lessons and he said that he has no time but will continue to slowly read the Book of Mormon.. But I don’t think he is doing that! Haha I decided we will just stop in and say hello and share a small principle! They are super fun! They invited us to there party on Christmas Eve!
And then Thrusday was a super cool day! It started of not awesome but turned out good! We had to clean Chwai Sung Ja’s(on of our members) Waffle shop today and she didn’t show up for like 2 hours so we did companionship study in the freezing cold! Haha poor elder Evaga. Then we hurried home showered and I tried to make some fried chicken! Which was super good I was decently surprised because I just randomly tried to make it and had no idea what I had to do but it turned out pretty good! Then we left to Goejeong to have a baptism Interview. We talked with the investigator for a while then we went in to have the interview! I was super flippen nervous because that is a big thing. I need to decide if this person is ready for baptism or not! Haha but it went really good. I asked him why he met with the missionaries and his story could be in a church magazine! Haha its crazy! He said he didn’t have a religion but his life was kind of hard and he felt like he needed gods love and help in his life. So he said a prayer and asked god to help him. He said that after he sayed the prayer that he heard “Nearer my god to thee” playing in his head, but he had never heard the song before. Really confused he told a friend about it and the friend told him that, that was god answering his prayer and he needed to join his church. He rejected, but a couple days later on the subway he saw Elder Haskell and started talking with him and found out that he is from California, where his son is living, and got really excited! He wanted to learn more about the church and the rest is history! He will be getting baptized on Christmas Eve! Super cool. However in the interview I found out that he had had an abortion 50 years ago.. which came at me by surprise, I told him that because it is such a serious sin, he needs to be interviewed by someone more mature and wise than me, I told him we can set a interview with our mission president hopefully before Sunday! I let him know that he could repent of it and be forgiven and get baptized. I called mission president to see when he could meet, but he told me that because it was so long ago if I just explain why it is a commandment and let him know that he can repent he can get baptized! So I talked with him about that and it went really well!! Super cool guy!
On Friday we had a Christmas meeting at the headquarter! Elder Choi (One of the 70's) came down again! It was a good meeting and I learned a lot! Then we ate lunch and had a talent show in which our district got up and did a musical number/dance. It was pretty fun! Then we went to Daesheen to have a baptism interview, but the guy didn’t show up.. So we scheduled it for Saturday. But we have no time! So that’s fun! Then we did Jundo as a district in Nampo! But no one could play guitar for us and so we just gave out book of Mormons as presents. We gave out around 110 book of Mormons! Although we walked a little ways down and picked up like 10 that were thrown on the ground or set down. And we gave them out again! Haha we didn’t get any numbers really but hopefully they will read it and call later! J Then we watched the Light the World video with a guy even though our phone doesn’t work we got him to do it on his own phone! It was cool how strong the spirit always is! Then I talked with elder Youngblood for like an hour! Haha we had some good times back in training! I miss it at times but it was fun! Its fun to think back on those days and how different my mind set is! I have progressed a lot! I love it!
Saturday started wonderfully… at 12 in the morning… where my wonderfully amazing companion, Elder Birrell, answered a random phone call at midnight.. I woke up to a panicking Elder Birrell throwing a phone with some random speaking Korean to me.. What a wonderful way to wake up! Then tired and confused I talked to this person… I am not really sure what I said because I was still basically sleeping. But Elder Birrell said it went something like call back if you have interest! So I should probably call him back soon! So its pretty cool that I can answer the phone and understand and speak in Korean even when I am still basically sleeping and not knowing what I am doing! That’s a cool point to be at! Sometimes its cool to think that I can speak a whole different language! Then we went to Daesheen where I had a baptism interview with there investigator! He really likes English and is good at it! He refused to speak in Korean during the interview and said he hadn’t repented of his past transgressions, so I explained what that meant and encouraged him to do that tonight! So hopefully he does that but I felt like he could still get baptized! Then Elder Birrell bought a Violin we found on the street, and we bought two guns for presents! One for Yoo Jay Young and one for Bac Myon Ho! Then we had a Christmas party! We had like 5 investigators planning on coming but they all backed out last second but 박명호s wife. It was a really fun meeting, and our branch is super good at singing and stuff like that! Especially 박명호! Me and Elder Birrell did a dance to Mariah Carrey’s All l want for Christmas is you. We did the thing where I am the face and feet and he is the arms. The branch loved it and all gotta good laugh out of it. It was a fun night. It was said that sad that 정대현 and his family were not able to come but they might come to church tomorrow!
Yesterday we had church, and we watched the Christmas Devotional then had sacrament and that was it! We had Yoo Jay Young and Bac Myong Ho's wife there so that was good! Then we visited some investigators and said Merry Christmas!!
I love Christmas so much especially as a missionary! Its a time where I get to tell the world about the true meaning of Christmas! And that is CHRIST!! This time of the year more people are thinking about Christ and so it is a time we got to capture and use! This has been a fun christmas! I finished the Book of Mormon again yesterday! And every-time that I read it I swear its a new book! Its crazy how that works! I love you all so much! And have a merry Christmas!
-Elder Stagg
-Elder Stagg
| Nothing wrong with a little American-style gift exchange. |
| Meeting up with a previous companion |
| Loitering for a cause |
| Companion abuse is sad |
No comments:
Post a Comment