Monday, February 12, 2018

Hayundai: Pulled from the brink of death

Hey family and friends I am so sorry I wasn't able to send an email last week! We were super busy. So our mission is doing this stupid mission choir thing and my companion is in it so every pday we need to go all the way to headquarters while he practices.. and we need to deal with all the exchanging of other missionaries and it makes my life suck... haha  so I was not able to do it last week.. this week I have to do it all on the phone.. which isn't bad but it is kinda hard to type a lot on the phone.. but that's k.  So this week we met a lot with our investigator his name is Chway Soo Chan...  we met him last week for the first time outside of the streets. And he is getting baptized this Sunday at 9! When we met him he was planning on committing suicide so he wasn't very nice to us but we gave him a name card, and the next day he texted us and said that he tried killing himself last night but before he was able to jump of the bridge someone grabbed him and called the cops. So he went to the hospital. He was there for a bought a month, so while he was there elder Beckett and Elder Kim visited him and gave him a book of Mormon with there testimony written on the inside. So he called us my first week in Hayundai and said he was out. So we met him and gave him a baptism date. We meet with him a lot and he takes it awesome! He is so prepared. He said he used to hate God but know he believes and loves him. We took him to institute and he takes notes in our lessons during church and all the time! He is super fun! He had his baptism interview last night and he passed! So please pray that all goes well! He is going to Seoul this week for the holiday so also pray that all goes well up there! 

Outside of that I went on exchanges with elder Golden (in my my MTC class) and we gave a baptism date to another one of our investigators. His name is Joo  young Ho, his isn't as sure because he not the best at Sunday and church! Haha but we are going to focus on that week and hopefully get him to church! 

Yesterday we had 2 investigators come to church! That was fun! One of them works in China for this person from Utah.. So yesterday that person and his 2 friends from Utah came to our ward. They came down for the Olympics and also one if the Americans had served his mission in Korea a long time ago.. but the other American didn't know Korean so I had to translate for him but one of the talks was about a heart transplant which sucked because I didn't know any of that vocabulary! Haha it was fun though. 

We are meeting a lot of other investigators nd that's fun, I will explain them once they have have baptism dates.. haha sorry no time.

My dad wanted to hear what I do as a Zone Leader.. So here you go .  Honestly I don't do anything... we don't really do much besides giving permissions and going on exchanges.. President Jeoung gave all the power to district leaders and the APs or him self... haha I feel so useless all the time!!🤣🤣 all I do is call me zone members and laugh with them and become friends with them and help motivate them and help them do their best! And I don't even have to do that it's just something I like doing. Or i just boss the district leaders around because they were both in the MTC with me and so we are good friends! But yeah not much outside of that! 

Well I love you all! This week I have been thinking a lot about General conference and how lucky we are to have that! I am making questions and getting ready to receive serious mad revelation! So that's gonna be awesome! We are so lucky to be able to hear the prophets words twice a year! I challenge you all to start preparing know, re-read last year's talks, prayerfully think of questions you want answered and prepare! 

I love you all! Talk to you next week! 

Elder Stagg 


Companions

Living the high life in the Hayundai House


Laborers in the Vineyard

Elder Stagg and Elder Hunch

Where's the second course?


No comments:

Post a Comment