Monday, November 27, 2017

Yongdo: Working the Neighbors

This week was pretty lit! We did some good missionary work! It started out just like a normal week! We did stuff but from thursday to Sunday was super awesome!! Lots of cool things happening up here!

So lets start off with Thursday we had exchanges!! So as a District Leader I need to go on exchanges with every elder in my district at least once. So This week was me and Elder Haskell went to my old area of Goejong!! It was super wierd and awesome being back in my old area. We had set a goal to try and give out one whole box of book of mormons ( which is 40 book of mormons). We brought my suit case filled it up and hit the streets. We only had about 4-5 hours of street time because we had some other appointments but long story short my testimony and making goals and praying for them has been strengthened. We were able to give out all 40 book of mormons in 5 hours! Most of my mission and I am pretty sure most other missionaries struggle to give out at least 1 a day but we saw a huge miracl. At the appointment it was a new investigator who met the missionaries about 10 years ago in a different city, but one day while he was driving he saw the goejong elders and he pulled over and chased them down and talked with them. Anyways we met with him and taught him the gospel of jesus christ and when I talked about baptism I felt like I should ask him to be baptised, so I told him that it looks like he really is trying to follow christs example and because he wants to do that I asked if he would follow christs example and be baptised by the proper authority. He said yes and we set a date for sometimes in January when he thought he had time. Super cool exchange! Oh also I was able to meet my recent convert there. Elder Matua and him didn't get a long a ton so he stopped going to church... :( but I was able to introduce him and elder Haskell to eachother and they got along great! So hopefully we can get him back to church! He is such a fun kid. :)

Next was on friday! We met our Investigator who is from Nigeria, his name is Kalu. We brought him some cookies because he just had a new born baby! We just talked with him and he said he is still trying to read the Book of Mormon. We are planning on going back next week and talking about familes and temples. He is a super cool guy and has a strong belief in christ!

Then on Saturday my old companion Elder Pac came down from his hometown (he already returned from his mission) and we had dinner with him and his girlfriend! They are both returned missionaries so they gave some words of wisdom to me and my trainee! :) It was so fun and so wierd! It felt like I was just talking with an old friend! It is awesome the friendships that you get on you mission.

So since we have moved in to a new apartment no one has knocked the doors before( most places in korea have locks outside so you need to know the code to get in) so on sunday we made a bunch of cookies and knocked all 25 floors of our apartments, and introduced our selves and gave cookies and family pamphlets out! We met some angry people... and some really nice families that we are planning on singing carols to at christmas. Really fun activity!

This was a super awesome week! We have recieved all of our christmas material for proseltying. I want to talk about the new christmas initiative. LIGHT THE WORLD!! It is such an awesome inititiave! I want to challenge you guys just the way I have challenged my investigators and members! This december I challenge each of you to everyday find at least one person and do something to make them happy! As you guys do that 2 things will happen, 1 you will be able to spread christs light and happiness, but 2 is the small writing, what people don't realize is that you actually benefit more than the person you are helping! The thing is, as  you serve and forget about yourself you actually are more happy and recieve more light than yo usually give! So as Nike says "Just Do IT!" Its super awesome!! :)

Love you all!

-스태그 장로

#LightTheWorld--In 25 Ways over 25 days--

Living the Night Life

No comments:

Post a Comment