This week has been awesome!! We did some stuff and some more stuff and even did some missionary work! Super awesome how it worked out that way! We also went on exchanges! That was fun! I went to haeundai! That is the richest part of busan!! It was my 4th time going on exchanges over there because I have been in this district for ever! haha But there was one super awesome miracle! We were on a bus headed to a members house when I look up and what do you know a WHITE dude walks on the bus, a little surprised I say hello and he spoke English!!! Usually the white people are missionaries or Russian! haha but he was from Australia!~ WE talked for a bit and I told him what my purpose was for being a missionary and I mentioned the Book of Mormon kind of casually while I was talking, he stopped and asked what the Book of Mormon was. I explained it to him and talked about how if we pray about it we can get an answer from the holy ghost. I then explained what that felt like. He told me that he used to listen to Beethoven for hours and that Beethoven wrote all his songs for God, and that when he listened to it he would feel a feeling similar to what I described he said there have been other times he has felt a similar feeling. I asked if we could meet with him later on to explain that feeling and how you can get it more often and also to give him an English Book of Mormon. He said with a small smirk "That depends, can you remember a number" I said why? He said I get off in 7 seconds, so he told it to me and then got of the bus, but since the church makes us have the longest password to get into our phones I couldn't get in very fast and I was trying to remember the number. I finally got in and called and.... it was a Korean... :( I said a prayer in the back of the bus and called like 6 more numbers just changing them around. After I got out of the bus very discouraged, I said a prayer with my companion. We then started walking towards the members house, while I was walking I was trying to call numbers and hopefully find one. I probably called 40 numbers haha, I was like "what the heck, I prayed, does god not want to help me find this person? He has so much potential." But then I stopped and felt like I should pray again. So I stopped and said a prayer, the difference was that after the prayer I stopped and try and feel gods inspiration, I LISTENED TO HIM! And the thought popped into my head instead of having both end in 0 make them end in 2. Me and elder Kim were both positive they ended in 0 but I tried and... IT WAS HIM!!! It was so cool and even though he is not in my area and I wont be able to teach him it was really cool to be able to receive revelation like that!
Other than that we had some good lessons and some good proselyting! My greenie is awesome!! I love it here!! Super awesome!! Today while I was reading the Book of Mormon I was reading about the parable of the olive tree. It is super awesome and I feel like it talks straight to missionaries! haha
Lots of missionaries blame not having success on the area or the people. But if you look at Jacob 5 verses 21-22 it says
21 And it came to pass that the servant said unto hismaster: How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or thisbranch of the tree? For behold, it was the poorest spot in allthe land of thy vineyard.
22 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto him: Counselme not; I knew that it was a poor spot of ground;wherefore, I said unto thee, I have nourished it this longtime, and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth muchfruit.
So no matter where we are if it is the "poorest" or worst of all the ground or the best of all the ground god will still be nourishing and preparing souls, we just need to follow the master and work diligently in the vineyard! I know this work is true!! And I love it!
Love you all! If you have questions let me know!!
Happy thanksgiving!
-스태그 장로
 |
| Veteran vs. Greenie |
 |
| You sunk my battleship |
 |
| Two Mormons on the loose |
 |
| Day at the beach |
 |
| Look mom, no brains |
 |
| English 101 |
 |
| Mission president and wife posing with two outstanding candidates for Mrs. Stagg |
 |
| Good times with chalk |
No comments:
Post a Comment