Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Yongdo: Greenie Days

Hello family and friends!! How are you all doing?! Is it starting to look like fall there? Here in Korea its getting cold but the leaves are still the same color! During this time period it goes from freezing temperatures to very hot temperatures from day to day. Its really weird and I don't understand it! haha

But anyways this has been a very very busy week! haha
So on Tuesday I got with the Elders in Daesheen and Goejeong who are both training and we had to go to each of the houses shop and clean them, and that morning we had a training meeting. Then at night we had to be at Goejeong's english class. That was fun because My last area was Goejeong it was fun to go back and say hi to all the people that were there!
On Wednesday is when I picked up my new greenie! He is from......... UTAH!!! haha his name is Elder Birrill and he is from South Salt Lake. He is using the same luggage his dad used when he went on a mission so its the really old leather bags with just a handle and no wheels! haha so that was fun having to carry all the way to the island! but we survived! :)

Then on Thursday I had to go back to head quarters (So far I have had to go there everyday) For DLTM- District Leader Training Meeting.
Then on Friday I had my first District Meeting where I was in charge! It was a little weird but worked out really well! Its interesting because there are three greenies and 1 Korean sister, the greenies can't speak Korean and the Korean isn't very good at english. So during district meeting I need to say everything in both languages! haha Its interesting!

At district Meeting we made a goal to every day get at least 1 contact and give 1 book of mormon a day. I have been really trying hard to do it and so far we have accomplished it every day. So has everyone in our district except for one team who couldn't give a book of mormon out one day. But in the past 2 days we have given out 10 book of mormons as a district. there was one night when we didn't have very much time maybe 40 minutes but we really wanted to achieve the goal so  we ran out side and Talked to every person that I could find, and we would run in between the conversations, we got the contact  pretty easy but no one would take the book of mormon. After a while we found a guy talked with him and he excepted it. But afterwards I felt like I could give one more out. But the thing is we had to be home in 15 minutes and we were about 20 minute walk from home. So we started running home and whenever we saw someone stop and talk to them. At 8:49 we met this person talked with him for about 5 minutes and gave him a book of mormon he said he would go home show his wife and read it with her and if he had interest he would call us. I am not sure if anything will come from that but I Know when we get in the mode of being willing to do anything and talk to anyone in our paths god is more willing to put prepared people in our paths because he can trust we will talk to them! So that was a fun little miracle I saw this week!

Outside of that we helped one of our members move this week! That was fun! It was a really good week! My trainee is super awesome and has a strong desire to do the lords work! I know we are going to see a bunch of miracles this transfer!


So I am trying to read the Book or Mormon before christmas ( I started yesterday) and Today I read about the tree of life!

I love the parable of the rod of iron and the worldly building. It talks about that as you eat the fruit of the tree of life it fills you with a joy that is beyond all description. But after you have partaken of it people start to mock you and that causes you to go away from the tree and the fruit. But god provided the Iron rod, and even though there is darkness if we hold tight and press forward (we can't see so we just need to trust and take one step at a time) we can receive the most amazing gift ever.

24 And it came to pass that I beheld others pressing forward, and they came forth and caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press forward through the mist of darkness, clinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of the fruit of the tree.
25 And after they had partaken of the fruit of the tree they did cast their eyes about as if they were ashamed.

But the sad part is is that after they did partake of the fruit and did have there soul filled with the light of it, because of other people they were ashamed and became lost!

Thats what I want to talk about today, its so sad when I see people who have partaken of the fruit and felt the joy and truthfulness of it but because of other peoples actions, words, thoughts, or ideas they get ashamed and leave! Its so sad, don't let other people change what you know to be true! You all have partaken of the fruit and felt the truthfulness of it so when ever time gets hard and darkness rolls in just cling to the rod, even though you can't see you know that the rod leads to eternal life and as you trust in god and show your faith by taking one step at a time you will be able to escape the darkness of temptation and sin and enter into the light of christ!! I encourage  you all to cling to the rod. Make sure you read your scriptures daily,  say your prayers, but that not all you still need to act. During your day look for ways to serve others, temporally or spiritually, try and be an example and most importantly "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

I love you all!
Hold to the rod! The Iron rod! Its strong and bright and true! The Iron god is the word of god!! And will safely guide you through!

-스태그 장로

Two of my previous companions

My new greenie

No comments:

Post a Comment