안녀하세요!!
HELLO everybody!! How is good ole Merica doing? Fun fact of the day, tomorrow is my 1 year in Korea mark and my 14 month mark!?! Where did the time go? I am such an old missionary now! I am telling you missions go by way faster then you think! Its getting to the point that because my MTC group is so big there are not many missionaries that are older than me by more than 1 transfer! haha its really weird!
This week was a super good week! We had an investigator come to church and an investigators son come to church! I will explain! :)
So 2 weeks ago I moved! This house is a huge mansion and super awesome but thats besides the point. haha there is this little mart by our house that sells snacks and stuff for super cheap. And my companion usually spends about 150$ of his personal money a month because he uses all of his missionary money and then more. He buys a LOT of snacks haha. So lets just say that we stop in there a lot! :) and one time we were there and this guy started talking to me in english and told me he used to be and english teacher at an academy. ( you dont need to have that great of english to teach at an academy) I told him about our english class and gave him our name card. Then about 3 days latter as we were walking out of our apartment we heard some one shout "HEY" it was the security guard for our apartment. We walked over and it was that same guy!! We got his number and he ended up coming to church yesterday!! He is not married and has no family, and is super lonely he says. He was hoping that by coming to church he could meet people and have conversations! He seemed to enjoy it!
So we have an eternal investigator here in Yongdo! haha Well we have a couple but I am going to talk about this one today. He works at the navy base in Yongdo and is the second highest in command. About 3 years ago his wife and kids moved to Utah to learn english better. While they were there the wife got baptized. So he started meeting with the missionaries. He hasn't came to church at all but we play soccer with him every Thursday with him and all the military kids (all our age). Well turns out his son (a senior in high school, he is attending orem high) got baptized last month and came to Korea for 3 months while he changes his VISA. So our investigator called us and told us his son was coming and that he wanted to come to church. So the son came yesterday. We are hoping as we spend some time with his son we can find a way to his dad through the son! This might be the chance god has given us to finally get to this father! Please pray for him!
Outside of that the work is going good!! Actually yesterday I found out the we are finally getting SMART PHONES!!! This is going to help missionary work SOOOOO much. Especially here in Korea where most kids have 2 smart phones! (I dont know why) There are so many times where we wanted to get someones number and they say yes but ask for our Kakao Talk username. (its a very famous talking/texting app, that everyone uses but the missionaries) So there have been so many times that we couldn't get contacts because of our old grandma phone! So we are super excited!
This morning for personal study I wanted to study conference again. So I picked Elder Oaks talk and watched that for study!!! It was such a good talk and it was so needed in this world today! Luckily here in Korea same sex marriage is super not accepted here at all. Its super different then it is in america. But lots of the other aspects of the FAMILY are being destroyed here in Korea. Most of the fathers are drunks and are always drunk. For example, yesterday we went to this family's house for lunch. We meet them most weeks and teach there 2 kids english and then afterwards the whole family a lesson about our church. Yesterday when we went we all sat down at the table and were eating but the father was off at another table eating kimchi and drinking lots of alcohol. During the lesson he kept saying things to us that were completely random or made no sense and the wife and kids would just laugh and shake there heads because there father was acting like a 2 year old! Thats so sad!!
John 15: 18-19
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Mathew 16: 27-28
27 Break not my commandments for to save your lives; for whosoever will save his life in this world, shall lose it in the world to come.
28 And whosoever will lose his life in this world, for my sake, shall find it in the world to come.
As we see from the A family proclamation to the World, the world has changed a ton. When Elder Oaks first made the Proclamation people were surprised because thats what almost everyone believed and lived at that time period. But in under 20 years those are weird and backward views now for the normal person. However when we remember that we are spiritual being having an earthly experience not Earthly beings who occasionally have a spiritual experience. As we realize that being mocked or hated of the world isn't a bad thing, in fact it SHOULD BE A GOOD THING. Like john says the world hated christ and so if it hates us that should be a good sign that we are following christ pretty good!
I just want to bear my testimony that as we look to god and acknowledge that we are spiritual sons and daughters of god who are taking a brief test, we will be strengthened through trials and will have a more clear pictures of what we need to do because we will have the end in mind. As I have been out on my mission I have finally escaped not only the Utah bubble but the more secluded Kaysville bubble! And the world is so different then I thought, I new all this stuff happened its just seeing it on a day to day basis thats surprising. But as I see there lives and the lives of worthy church members, I can see a huge difference!! No matter what satan or the world says the happiest path is always going to be gods path!! It might not seem like it in the moment but like Elder Choi said 2 conferences ago "LOOK UP" as we look up and trust in our heavenly father we will be blessed and according to Mosiah 2: 41, "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.", we will receive never-ending happiness and joy!! I love this church so much and I love the happiness that we can find inside of fervently living Christ's gospel!!
Keep Going!!
-스태그 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment