This week we went on 2 exchanges! I was with other missionaries more than Elder Avila! haha On Wednesday me and elder Kirkham (my district leader) went on exchanges! He is a super awesome guy who is from........... UTAH!! haha There is a saying in our mission if your a foreigner you are from Utah! If you are Korean you are from Seoul. Because 80% of the time that's the case!!
And then my 3rd companion Elder Pac, has been my zone leader for the past 3 transfers and I told him he hast to go on exchanges with me before this transfer ends. Plus because of pains from his knee he is going home this transfer, so we got a quick exchange in real quick and it was really good!! I am going to miss elder Pac, he is one of my favorite companions!
For the past month our zone has been planning this play called choose this day. Its about this father who is less active and one day when his family is at church he finds a picture album of his mission and starts thinking back on it and how much fun he had. And then it turns out that his first convert became the mission president for the area that this father was in. And he shows up and tells him to become active. That is a really brief and blunt explanation about it but it was really good! I was only able to understand like 75% of it because the rest was really fast and spoken in (pan mar=half words) In Korean they have high forms, middle forms, and low forms. As missionaries we are not allowed to speak low forms (pan mar) it is used to either be rude to someone, speak to someone who is younger than you, or to close family and friends. So in the play it was almost all pan mar which makes it a lot funnier but a lot harder to understand because I don't use it and am not to familiar with it.
As I was watching the play it made me think a lot about after my mission and making sure I don't go less active or anything like that. And I think the best way to do that is by having Daily scripture study and prayer. Just from keeping that one habit I know that will give me the strength and power that I need to overcome all of Satan's temptation. I want to encourage you all to think back to your missions, or conversion, or your strongest spiritual moment you've had and think about your thoughts of your future you had in that moment, and then I want you to relate it with where you are know and make the necessary changes you need to make in your life! I love you all, and I know as we always try and further progress in gods great plan of happiness we will receive more happiness and joy in this life and the next!!
-Elder Stagg
-스태그 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment