Next thing is that we received smartphones!!! We got them on Sunday. And they are super nice! We still are not exactly sure what is planned for them exactly but I am excited to find out! I have heard that a lot of other missions are using Skype and Facebook and social media, so I am assuming we will go the same route! I will keep y'all updated!
So last Thursday will definitely be a day that will go down in history!! ! I FINALLY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO EAT DOG! We were proselyting and a car pulled over and it was a less actives husband that we had helped before. This guy is legit! So a quick explanation of most Koreans, they are all the same... haha They all have bull cuts, circle glasses, and dress the same. But this guy is sick. He has long hair in a man bun, he plays this bamboo flute thing and has a bunch if native american tattoos and act like a really chill Indian dude! Haha but anyways he asked if we has ate yet and we said "no". He sayed that he will call us at 6 and we will go eat. He then asked what I want to eat. I answered, 삼겹살, 치킨, or 감자탕. Thin bacon typed pork, Korean fried chicken, or rib soup. Then he said nah lets eat dog soup. Haha so we ate dog soup. And it was actually pretty good. You just need to make sure that you don't have to much dog in your mouth at once because it can get ready chewy. Haha but next week we will probably eat living octopus with him. (What a great way to introduce my greenie into Korea!) I've heard its pretty good and really cool because you need to fight the octopus while you eat it because it's still alive it sucks onto your tongue haha.
So as far as missionary work goes! haha we also did some of that this week! :)
So one of our investigator's family lives in Utah and his wife got baptized 3 years ago. And his son got baptized 2 months ago. (he was attending orem high-school and now is attending UVU) Well due to some problems with his VISA he had to come back to Korea for 3 months and is staying with his dad. He has came to church the past 3 weeks and we are hoping we can help get his dad to church through him!
Next we met with Song Jee Ooo, He is a senior in high-school right now who is trying to go to UCLA. We met and ate some dinner and then played Ping Pong with him. We have been meeting him for a while but it has almost all been English and building the relationship with him, but on Thursday we asked if next time we met, if it would be ok to share a message about our church and he said he would love to! So I am excited for that! He is a really cool kid!
Last but not least, is Kang Soo Meen. He is 20 years old and is studying really hard for a test that is next month. He is busy because of that but he says after the test he will come to our church! So thats exciting! He had a bad experience with church when he was young though. He went to a church with his friend and then the week after that the pastor stalked him and one day randomly stopped him at a bus stop and made him go to the church where they had a 3 hour "Lesson". He was so scared he hates all churches. So we have been very gentle with him and not much pressure and I think he is starting to see that we are not like that, and yesterday he promised he would go to church!! So thats exciting!
And then this transfer we are planning on baptizing our recent converts son and one of our members nephews! Both are 8! So we are teaching them right now! One of them (Kim Samuel) the recent converts son is soo fun! haha I love the kid! The other is a punk and really hard to teach. Plus he loves hitting us where it hurts! So he is interesting! haha
This week I have been reading a lot of the new testament! My goal was to finish it last transfer but I am 18 pages off! Oh well I will finish it hopefully by tomorrow! Anyways I was reading in 3rd John Chapter 1 when I came to a verse that hit me hard with the spirit! It was Verse 4 and 5!
4 (*Nathan*) I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;
I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, but when I read it this is what came to my mind. I felt as if God was talking to me saying that because of me and the work that I am doing I am causing my father in heaven to have the greatest joy as he is seeing his sons and daughters being brought into the light of his gospel! As I have faithfully talked day after day to complete strangers about his sons atoning power, I felt like he was saying he was proud of me! Its not easy going out on the street and just talking to complete strangers about god, in a country where they are either Buddhist or firm in their christian belief, especially in Korean. But a while back my father sent me something that has really helped me do the work. He told me if I try and look at everyone through the eyes of Christ I will see my brothers and sisters who are in the dark and have not found the light of Christ! As I do that it makes it a lot easier to bypass my fears and awkwardness and talk to everyone that I can because thats what my savior would of done if he was here. As I have focused on that its not as hard to talk to people, couples and families.
I want to promise you all as you look through the eyes of christ to find your brothers and sisters who have not found the light, that you will be able to find opportunities to show them the way. As you do that you will receive joy greater than you have ever experienced! There is no better joy and happiness then the happiness that you feel as you help your brothers and sister taste of the fruit of the gospel!! I love my calling as a missionary!! I encourage you all to look for ways to do missionary work, and for those of you who still can, I strongly urge you to prayerfully and seriously consider serving a full time mission!
I love you all so much!! I love this gospel, and I know as missionaries and members work together we can hasten the work! #HastenTheWork
-서태규 장로
![]() |
| The view from my new apartment |
![]() |
| The 3 of us |
![]() |
| Females |
![]() |
| The 4 of us |
![]() |
| We usually act this way when females are near |





No comments:
Post a Comment