Hello everyone how y'all doing? So this week was interesting because for the first time Trump was in the country that I am in and not in the country that you are in. Haha There was an aircraft carrier and a submarine parked right outside of our house! So that was cool. I heard people telling me that it was the " regan"!
Anyways this week was super awesome! We saw so many miracles!
So as a district we set a goal to get at least 1 contact a day and give at least 1 Book of Mormon a day. And its been super awesome! Because I am the District leader I have them all report to me yes, yes, or yes, no, or no no depending on if they did both or not and when they give a book of mormon I have them send me how many. Its not a stat in the mission but we are focusing on that as a district and we have seen tons of success. In the past week and a half we have given out as a district 53 book of mormons!! My district is awesome and they are trying really hard to keep it. THere have been a couple days where it was like 20-30 minutes before we had to be home and we still didnt achieve the goal so we would be running around trying to find someone god has perpared for us, and every time we are able to find them sometimes just 2 minutes before 9. But I know as we are trying our hardest to literally talk with every person that god will bless us with miracles. There was one day in specific that god was showering us with blessings from on high! We had about 2 hours of Jundo(proselyting) which isnt a lot, and we set a goal to get 4 contacts and 3 book of mormons. We went out and at the end of the night we had given out 5 book of mormons and gotten 7 contacts, that is amazing for 2 hours of jundo!! It was so cool, but the even cooler part was the people we met. 1 of them randomly showed up to church yesterday with out us even inviting him! One of them was this senior in highschool, we were walking and I saw him out of the corner of my eye and since he was kind of far away I wasnt planning on talking with him but I kept feeling like I needed to so I stopped him and we talked I was able to bear a testimony of why I am doing missionary work and that we aren't scary or weird because we are missionaries but I am only 1 year older than him, and then my companion bore testimony of how god has helped him learn korean. It took a long time so I asked if we could meet later and he told me he still has 5 minutes... ( he actually wanted to hear what we were saying!?!?!) So I taught about the Book of mormon and told him if he prayed about it he could recieve and answer, he took it and said he would. But then 5 minutes after we left we got a text from him saying. Elders thanks so much for the Book of Mormon, I will surely read it tonight and before I sleep pray about it. I recently haven't been praying but because of you elders I will start praying again every night. Thanks so much>" !! Wow I was so happy, that feels so good when you can see that change in someone because of you. We still havent been able to meet with him but I am praying like crazy for him.
Out of those 7 contacts we are plannning on meeting at least 3 of them! Its usually a 10 to 1 ratio on a good day!! So super awesome day!!
I was reading in 2 nephi 4 today and its so good!! This is where nephi is lamentating about his wicked self and how he is not perfect. He is experiencing what I imagine everyperson in this world has experienced before they pain and anguish of not being perfect. Here Nephi is a prohpet of god, yet even he has mistakes and messes up sometimes, even Nephi feels those feeling that we all feel. When I read that chapter it brings me comfort knowing that a person as great as Nephi also has his down moments some times, but the important thing is, that in those down moments he looks to the lord to raise him up. I have really tried my hardest to stay happy and enjoy the whole thing. There is one key I have found to being able to do that--- Prayer and the Atonement. Lots of people think the atonement is only for sinners and repentence \ but its SOOO much more that that. When I am feeling stressed, down, anxiety, home sickness,etc I have found that if I get on my knees and say father I am giving 2 years of my life to thee to help further the work, and I can't be as usefull when I am feeling these feelings, I ask god to through christs atonement, to take these feelings from me and replace them with his light!! And guess what? IT WORKS!! That is my little secret for how to stay nice and happy! Because of that one little tip I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!! This really has been some of the best 2 years of my life! I am excited to go home and of course I miss my family and friends a ton, but I love the work and I don't want to leave right now! Its super fun, enjoyable, and fulfilling!!
Dont worry be happy!! :)
스태그 장로
| Leaving no stone unturned |
No comments:
Post a Comment