Sunday, August 20, 2017

Goejeong: World War 3

Hello!! How is good ole America? I hope the weather is starting to cool down! Here in Korea its starting to cool down but the humidity is still so high that if it isnt cold,  we are sweating! 

This transfer has been super fun! I will now explain the title! This week I went on exchanges with Elder Avila. He is chilean but has lived in Australia his whole life! He is one transfer beneath me and we have served in the same district for about half of my mission! He is super fun guy and a super dedicated missionary!  Well, me and Elder Matua are BROKE! haha we each have around 20 dollars for the rest of this month (still about 2 weeks left) We have almost no food at our house so we are eating 1-2 meals a day! Elder Avila LOVES food and he almost had a heart attack when he saw our fridge! So for dinner he ordered fried chicken for us!  Gotta love those Chilian Australians! We had family night that night and we went with our recent convert! Super fun night and I have learned a lot from him!

As some of you might know, last week was mine and elder Matua's Year mark!! And as none of you probably kmow( I am not sure if this is a Korean missionary tradition or all over the world) but at least here in Korea, on your year mark it is custom to light a tie or a shirt on fire as celebration. So we went to the top of our 19 story apartment on to the roof, and lit like 10 ties and a shirt and a sock on fire!! I will send pictures later on. Don't Worry we made sure to wear the best clothes that we could find!! And you can find some pretty awesome clothes in the Korean market!!

Last week I got a call from our recent convert, and he said "Elder!! Our countries our at war!!" And then because he thought I didn't understand, in english he says"missiles" "Bombs" "BOOM" "Kim Jung Oon". He then explained that on 9/2 we are going to war! HAHA  I love that kid! But we get a call almost everyday from our leaders telling us to check our 72 hour kits, or find your passport and put it in your 72 hour kit, or make sure you have 50 American dollars ready for an emergency, stuff like that! Its super fun! So next time I see you guys it might be WW3!! :)

Speaking about our recent convert, he got confirmed yesterday!! He had to go to the hospital for his ankle so he missed last weeks church and yesterday, but he came right after church ended and the branch president wanted to confirm him then. So hopefully next week when he comes to church he can get ordained a Teacher and then if he wants, he can get a temple recommend!! Super fulfilling to watch these kids get the priesthood and participate in church ordinances, and then go to temple! I Love it!

**I am still talking with my other convert back in Toung Young and he is still meeting with the missionaries. His mom got in a car accident the other day and when he visited her, the first thing she said was "Dont go to the LDS church" Regardless he told me that because she was in the hospital he was able to go to church for the first time in a couple months! And he was able to bless the sacrament for the first time!! Plus he is referring a bunch of his friends and he has 2 or 3 of his friends that have been to church 3-4 times now and are meeting with the elders!! I love that kid so much!! Super awesome kid!!


Well I love you all! This IS Gods work!! If it wasn't,  I would have messed it up a long time ago!

사랑해!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!
-스태그 장로
-Elder Stagg


School Girls

Heart of the city

Awaiting further guidance

No scenic country roads here

Not much English these days

Burning the ceremonial hump-day tie

Feeling the spirit during this gospel lesson


No comments:

Post a Comment