Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Goejeong: Happiness

안녕하세요!! 

Hello!! How are you all doing? This week has been another fantastic hot and humid week! (I think the best invention in the world was the air conditioner) But even though it has been some of the hottest feeling days of my life the work goes on, and we life is good! :) 

So this week not a ton of new stuff has happened! We are still meeting with 최수원 (choi soo won) We had to push back his baptismal date for 2 weeks, because we feel like most of his interest is just in missionaries and he still doesn't have a super strong personal testimony. We could baptize him but we didn't see much meaning if he didn't really care. So we are using these next two weeks to hopefully help him see why he needs it! Please pray for him! 

Next is our investigator 송채민 (Sohng Chay Meen) He is 21 but a little... special... his mental age seems a little bit younger than his age, but he can still make choices and think and he knows a lot about the bible. He has come to church twice now and we teach him very simply on the weekdays! He understand if we teach simple and lots of review. He has a baptism date for the same day as (choi soo won)  최수원. (8/6/2017) 


Other than that we went on exchanges this week with the yongdo Elders. I went with Elder Becket who is from gransville Utah. I went to the island of yongdo with him. He is one transfer ahead of me and it was a really fun exchange. We met one of there investigators and gave him and his son a baptism date! Super good lesson!  I learned a lot from Elder Becket!

So the motto of my mission has kind of been Happiness, If you are not happy then why be on a mission? So I have focused a lot on how I can always stay happy!


I want to share with you some of my learning's!! 

Helaman 3: 35

35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humilityand firmer and firmer ithe faith of Christ, unto thfilling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their heartunto God.

So as this scripture says that as we get firmer and firmer in our Faith in christ we will have our souls filled with joy! During my mission has been some of the happiest I have been, its not because its been super FUN!! or because I have made lots of money, or anything else the one and only reason is because I have grown closer to my savior and have gained more faith! Because of that I have been happy and felt true joy and peace!! 

next is 

2 nephi 9:39

39 O, my beloved brethren, remember the awfulness in transgressing against that Holy God, and also the awfulness of yielding to the enticings of that cunning one. Remember, to be carnally-minded is deathand tbe spiritually-minded ilife eternal.

S.M.I.L.E!! To be spiritually minded is life eternal!! And  when you are spiritually minded you will smile more because you are growing stronger in the faith of christ!!! So I invite you all to S.M.I.L.E!!!
Talk to you guys next week!! (my birthday)


Have a happy 24th!!


-스태그 장로

-Elder Stagg

Mmmmmm, deep fried heck-sheem

Shoe bliss

banana Bliss

Getting ready for the big day

Everything is better with food

Deep-fried bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment