Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Goejeong: Dripping Sweat

So this week has been super hot!!! And super humid... like you guys don"t understand!! Its death here!!! And apparently this is only the beginning of it?!?! Coming from Utah where humidity doesn't exist...... yeah this is a huge change! Haha.....

So what happened this week you guys might be wondering? To start things off we have a progressing investigator!! He is in 9th grade and his name is "choi soo won". He loves soccer and he is super fun. We play soccer with him for a bit and either before or after soccer we teach him a lesson. He has tons of super cool questions especially for how young he is. He is slowly reading the B.O.M and is really curious about all of our lessons. 

Other than that we have met with a couple of Shin-Chon-Jee members who have questions about the book of mormon. We are really good at changing the conversation to avoid bible bashing and it turns into some really good religious conversations! 

There is this person who just randomly started showing up to our  church about 2 weeks ago. last week he stayed for all 3 hours but thisy week right after sacrament he left. He has no interest in meeting with us or talking to anyone just wants to come to sacrament? We are super confused. So we will keep praying for him! 

Other than that this week our mission president changes! On july 1 we get a new mission president who is korean!! There are probably going to be lots of changes, but I am excited to see what happens! 

Transfer calls came on saturday and me and Elder E Soon Ho are staying together for one more transfer (this is his last transfer). I am super excited and hopefully we see some baptisms this transfer!! Our area is so prepared and ready for them!! Just need to wait for the lords timing! 

I want to end by bearing my testimony on the light of Christ! The light of Christ is not a physical light but its a spiritual light. But its not just an imaginative light, its something we can control. We can grow it or shrink it by or our actions. When we read the scriptures, pray and ask for opportunities to act like Christ, we are doing the first step to growing it. However when it actually grows is w hen we act on the prompting and share the light that we have. Then our light of Christ will grow and others will be able to tell how big our light is. But when we ignore the promptings and move away from god, our light shrinks and can ultimately be extinguished.

The reason why I love Christs Light is because when you think of light you think of happiness. And I have noticed the more I try and grow and expand christs light the more I am smiling, in fact my face is sore a lot because I am smiling so much and I must not be used to this. hehe

As we try and grow our light of chirst others will see and ask about it and it will open opportunities to share the light of christ. Plus it will make you so much happier! I love this gospel I love my savior, and I love my mission!! This church is so flippen awesome!! I don't know why everyone doesn't join it instantly? Love you all!!


Peace 

-Elder Stagg


Mmmmmmmmm.... Kimchito

Sacrificing it all for the work

True friends rejoicing in my pain

Bowling for converts

No comments:

Post a Comment