Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Goejeong: Nuclear Sirens, Argentine Iron Man, and Piercings

Hello! 

So this was quite the interesting week!

I will start of with explaining the title!

Fun story of the week!
Last Tuesday during companionship study we were watching a Mormon message when all of the sudden we heard nuclear sirens blaring.  We stop the video and open the window and hear the loudest warning siren going off.. We stopped and looked at each other and didn't know what to do! We knew what to do if our leaders texted us because we have been having drills with them but we had not received any text. So did the only thing we could think of---we ran and grabbed our cameras and started filming the city! haha!!  It lasted for about 15 minutes and  still had no idea what to do until we got a call from our zone leaders saying not to worry, that it was just a drill. Apparently all the big cities in Korea are doing these drills. It was super sick (I think that means "cool")  I have only heard sirens like those before in  movies! About 80% of me was convinced that North Korea had finally launched their nukes! 

Last week I got a call from our recent convert, and he said "Elder!! Our countries our at war!!" And then, because he thought I didn't understand,  in English he said "missiles" "Bombs" "BOOM" "Kim Jung Oon". hahaha.  He then explained that on 9/2 we are going to war! Haha.. I love that kid! But we get a call almost everyday from our leaders telling us to check our 72 hour kits, or find our passport and put it in your 72 hour kit, or make sure we have 50 American dollars ready for an emergency...and stuff like that! Its super fun! 

Speaking about our recent convert, he got confirmed yesterday!! He has been going to the hospital for his ankle so he missed last weeks church but he came right after church ended yesterday and the Branch President wanted to confirm him then. So hopefully next week when he comes to church he can get ordained a Teacher and then he wants to prepare to get a temple recommend! Super fulfilling to watch these kids get the priesthood and participate in church ordinances, and then want to go to the temple!

**I still keeping in contact with my convert back in Toung Young and he is still in contact with the missionaries. His mom got in a car accident the other day and when he visited her, the first thing she said was "Don't go to the LDS church" Regardless, he told me that because she was in the hospital he was able to go to church for the first time in a couple months! He was able to bless the sacrament for the first time!! Plus he is referring a bunch of his friends and he has 2 or 3 of his friends that have been to church a number of times now and they are meeting with the Elders! I love that kid so much!

I love this work! I love you all!

사랑하개

-스태그  장로








No comments:

Post a Comment