How are you all doing?! Isnt life just awesome!?
Its finally starting to cool down here in korea!! There are still some days that are hot but for the most part its pretty nice!! The work is keeping on keeping on! Right now we only have 1 Investigator really. We have taught him almost all the lessons but he doesnt seem to understand why religion is important. He believes in christ and thinks that all religion is good because it help man kind move in a good direction. I think this week we are going to try and focus on coming to church and if we can get him to attend church hopefully the spirit can do the rest to peek his interest! He is a really cool guy and is the exact same age as my dad! haha He loves Americans I can speak some english!
On saturday our zone leaders planned this big youth activity for the whole busan stake. We made a mystery escape room called Labans House. We went in one of the churches and decorated it and made a bunch of clues and then had all the missionaries dressup and be guards or laban or zoram, and the kids had to go through figure out the clues to first kill laban, than go down and grab the brass plates and bear testimony to zoram to convince him to go with them! Then at the end they got to take pictures with lehi and sariah (elder and sister George!) It was super fun! I should get pictures next week!
I am currently reading the new testament and I came to a part that I have read probably like 1,000 times but this time as I was reading it in regards to some other studies I have been doing it had a new twist to me and how it can apply to me.
14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Cæsar, or not?
15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.
16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Cæsar’s.
16.5 And he saith unto them, now whose image is upon you? And they said unto him, Gods.
17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Cæsar the things that are Cæsar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.
I added that into my scriptures and it makes the story make more sence to me. The things of this world belong to this world (We still need to obey the law, pay taxes, etc.) But the things that are of heaven belong to God so we need to give god the things which are gods. Or in other words we need to give ourself to god and reconize that we are his!
Anyways I love you all!!
Have a good week!
-스태그 장로!
No comments:
Post a Comment