Sunday, May 21, 2017

Tongyoung: The Sacrament

Hello! This week not a tone has happened outside of the ordinary. Kahng Meen Jay is still progressing, although I am kind of worried for him!  We met with him and taught him plan of salvation, and it seemed like it was a lot for him. It was just a lot of new information and he wasn't answering our questions really good so it kind of felt like we were lecturing him. We had a meeting with him for yesterday but he never showed up and when we called he said sorry he was playing league of legends (a computer game). So hopefully we can meet with him again this week, but he did say he would get baptized! When we meet with him again  we need to make sure he is reading and explain what baptism is a little more and get a date for him! Super cool kid though and he has tons of potential!

Oh and this week was Buddhas birthday so it is kind of like Buddhas Christmas. So it was a vacation for Korea and all of Korea was in tong young because it is a tourist city, so it was packed!! But it is hard to proselyte because everyone from tong young leaves because it gets so busy so everyone we talk to isn't from here. We were street contacting on Saturday with the sisters for about 3 hours and we didnt talk to one person who was from tong young.... haha its crazy!!

Well outside of that nothing has happened except my testimony has continually gotten better and stronger! We have been focusing on the sacrament this week and in my studies I have found some questions that have made sacrament better for me.

1) what is the purpose of the sacrament meeting? 

2) What does the ordinance of the sacrament mean to me?

3) In the sacrament prayers, what does it mean to "bless"?

4) what is the purpose of the emblems of the bread and water?

5) what do we promise god when partaking of the sacrament? What do these promises mean to me?

6) What does God promise me? What does this promise mean to me?

7)What can I do to see that the sacrament ordinance is administered in a reverent and dignified manner?

8)What will I do to have a ore meaningful experience when I partake of the sacrament?

As I have studied these questions sacrament has become so much more meaningful to me. Yesterday I was really wanting to have it be a special sacrament because I have spent the whole week studying it and I want a stronger testimony of it to share with investigators. So as I went in prepared for it and having the spirit with me, and really thinking and focusing on our savior during the ordinance it was so much better! As I took the bread and water I felt this feeling go throughout my body and I felt like the savior had forgiven me of all my little mistakes that I have made throughout the week. It was a super cool experience! And I wish I would of taken sacrament more seriously before my mission! But it is not to late for you guys! Make it a more spiritual and sacred moment in your lives!

Just want to end with a quote from elder Bednar: 

"Jesus is the light that dispels all fear, provides assurance and direction, and engenders enduring peace and joy"

Love you all and I most of all I love this church and our savior! There is nothing better I can be doing with my life at this point then spreading the saviors gospel! 

-스태그 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment