So to start of with I will just mention some of the lessons we have had this week, I still am not great with the names..
So first, Tuesday we met with an investigator. We taught him the first lesson, focusing on the book of Mormon. I felt like it was a good lesson. Then on Wednesday we met with another investigators who has had multiple baptism dates but doesn't keep commitments. He recognizes that he needs something different in his life but is not willing to do anything about it. When we were teaching him I felt the spirit so strong! We showed him some Mormon messages and invited him to read the book of Mormon and pray about it again. We ended with a church invitation. We really didn't think anything would come of it.Well he came to church this week!! For the first time! He stayed for all 3 meetings and during the last one (priesthood) we did a member-present lesson with him at church. We asked him how he felt and he said he felt really peaceful and enjoyed it! During the lesson we were just kind of talking when he randomly points to a picture on the wall of Christ getting baptized and asked us some questions about it. We showed him the video of Christ getting baptized and were able to teach a lot about baptism! He seemed to have some genuine interest! He moves next week to another mission area, but he told us yesterday that he might change his mind and stay in our area still!! So please pray for that!!
Next was another really high potential guy. He is 60 ish and catholic but has an open mind about religion. He has been to a bunch of churches but none felt right. He said the catholic church felt the most familiar to him. We taught him about the restoration but only had 30 minutes so we gave him the restoration pamphlet and told him to read Moroni 10 3-5 and pray about it. He said he would and seemed really interested! I have a good feeling about is him!
Its been a really good week. I have seen Gods hand in my life so much!! From the very first day in my new area when we met a less active sister on the subway that said hi to us first. She told us she was baptized a long time ago but stopped going to church and then said she wanted to come back to church. I love when you come out of a lesson feeling the spirit so strong! Its such a good feeling and it makes all the hard times worth it! Especially seeing it help people in their lives!
We have a lot of other investigators but those are the high potential ones!
I know that our heavenly father lives and because he loves us so much he sent his son, Jesus Christ down to earth to provide a way for us to live with him again! I know this is Gods work and he is in charge of it! I can see him helping out in everything that we do! Whether its putting prepared people in our paths, giving us strength when we have none or putting words into our mouths that help people want to listen! Its such a cool feeling!! Being a missionary is AMAZING!! Its sad to think than in about a year I need to stop being a missionary (WRONG NATHAN! from mom :)... I love this Gospel so much. I want to bare my witness that whatever problem, concern, question, pain, or anything you can imagine,that it is included in the insurance package that God gave all his children! We can take whatever damage, mistake, pain, or wrongdoing to Christ, who has already paid for the cost, and he will not only forgive us but make us better than we were before!! HOW COOL IS THAT!
Love you all tons!!
Talk to you next week!
-스태그 장로!
Here a bunch of misc photos from the past 2 months...
No comments:
Post a Comment