So this week has been a week of MIRACLES!
So my companion and I we decided we were going to basically drop all of our investigators . None of them were progressing and they didn't have much gospel interest . We really wanted to spend our attention on finding new people. Especially PREPARED people. God IS preparing people for this message and we just need to find them.... or they can find us! :) That meant more time for JUNDO!!! (proselyting) and the first half of the week was HARD --- we did not experience any success or leads. On Tuesday we were talking with the sisters in our area and we decided to do an area fast, to help us find more investigators to teach. I will admit I am not a huge fan of fasting, especially as a missionary because when you spend the whole day outside walking around in the hot humid sun ...it really gets to a growing boy!. But we decided that we should try it. And we did a full 24 hour fast, we started Wednesday morning and finished Thursday around lunch time (after our district meeting).
*Here come the Miracles!! :) *
On Thursday morning we were outside proselyting and we got a call from a random number. When we answered it, a man tells us that he had received a pamphlet from a foreigner about a week ago and he read it and wanted to meet with us in 20 minutes! We met with him at our church and answered his questions from the pamphlet and then taught him a lesson! Super cool!
*But it doesnt end there*
About 3 weeks ago, I met a man while proselyting who was Korean but was going to school in New York, and is fluent in English!!! He is soooo good!! Anyways Thursday around 3 we had an appointment fall through so we were at the church and he called us randomly and said he was in the area and wanted to know if we were close by---so we were able to meet with him 30 minutes later!! Again, HE CALLED US!
*Nope not yet*
About 30 minutes after that meeting we got ANOTHER random call from a random number who said he had met the missionaries about 10 years ago. He is a professional singer and needed our help to translate a presentation into English. He was going to Dubai and no one there will speak Korean. So we met with him he gave me the presentation and I said I would send it back to him before he leaves tomorrow. In his car we were able to talk to him about the Book of Mormon and introduce our message. He wants to hear more!
*Not yet?? I know its crazy right?*
The Next day we were at a grocery store buying some juice when we hear someone say "are you the Mormons? We turn around and a guy tells us that his best friend is a member of our church but he hasn't been able to find him for the past 20 years. He told us what Ward he lived in last and asked if we could help him find his friend. We got his number told him we would try our best. We were able to talk to him a little about religion and said we would call him again later to meet
*Almost done*
On our way to English class we got ANOTHER call from random number. A lady asked us where our English class was. She said she had received a flyer about a month ago and decided to try it out this week. So after we met her and took her to the chapel, we walked in the church and there was a 23 year old man sitting there waiting for us! Apparently we had invited him a couple months to English class and he decided to come today. We met with the 23 year old kid after English and shared with for about an hour and a half. He is a Super cool kid!
*I promise I am not lying about all of these*
The last major one was on sunday. We were in Sunday school, helping teach some of the kids, when a lady in our ward came in and told us to hurry upstairs because an investigator was up there. We were really confused because all of our investigators said they couldn't come. We walked up stairs and there was this complete stranger waiting for us! We talked with him and it turns out that he works in LA and Korea and flys back and forth a lot. Apparently lots of his friends are LDS and he decided to attend our Sacrament meeting one time to see what he thought. But he mistook the time so he showed up for Priesthood. We got his number and he said he would show up next week on time for Sacrament because he wants to try it out! Super cool!
The Lord is good!! He is guiding this work! There are miracles everywhere! We just need to see them! Some are big, some our small--- but if we are grateful and recognize them he is going to be more willing to keep sending them (line upon line principle). This week really strengthened my testimony on fasting!! The new prepared investigators that we received this week was insane!! I am hoping that they are all willing to progress and move forward.
I have no doubt in my mind that God exists!! I know he is our Heavenly Father and he loves each and everyone of us more then we can possibly imagine. I know that through Christ all of our pains, afflictions, concerns, and issues can be healed. I know that when we follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ it will bless our lives. Through following Christ's example, we can get help in all our relationships, trials, work, etc. This gospel is such a blessing....and I get to share it with all of Korea!! HOW LUCKY AM ? I love my mission and I STRONGLY encourage everyone that can to get ready and serve one!! You will not regret it!!
Love you all!!
-Elder Stagg
| Two for the price of one. |
| Two for the price of two |
| German engineering in Korea |
| Garden's of peace and love |
| Sunset of peace and love |
| Sand sculpture day at the beach |
| Sand sculptures and brotherly love |
| Lehi's vision |
| The large and spacious building |
| My Korean Family |
No comments:
Post a Comment