Wednesday, August 31, 2016

MTC Week 2

"the lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the lord." Mosiah 24:15

The lord has strengthened me and without him there is no way I would be able to handle this language! or the stress and long periods of studying I do every day! I see his hand in my life everyday I am here and thank him every night for helping me with my burdens!! 


Hello everyone!! So I have now survived a whole 2 WEEKS of the MTC and its crazy to think that I am already 1/48 the way done with my mission!!! All the days are all kind of blurring together so let me try my best to explain what I have done the past week! 

Ok day 9 (thursday

We had class just like usual everything was the same as every other day! During the last 2 hours of study time me and my companion Elder Vongsayo went outside to study and started talking about our lifes and the role Jesus Christ and the atonement has played in it! it was crazy to see how similar we really are!! We have had lots of similar trials and we both overcame them by very similar methods! I already feel like he is my brother and its awesome how close we have gotten!

Day 10
Today when we were teaching our investigator I was trying to say that Jesus got resurrected after three days 부활. But instead I accidently said that jesus was hatched from an egg after 3 days. 부화! haha so that was funny! and then later on that day we found out that our "investigator was actually our second teacher!! it was funny to see all the things he said did wrong and what to work on! But it was very helpful to hear!

Day 11

 For the past 2 week everyone in my district was getting dear elders and packages! Elder bunker lives in orem and he probably gets at least three things from the mail a day! But today my Family sent me a package and it was so great!! Umm the korean is getting better! Today our teacher told us the Korean is the 3rd hardest language they teach at the MTC! the first is finnish, second i forgot, the third is korean and the fourth is Mandrin!! haha I am studying every second i get and probably am studying around 9 hours a day! The only time i get a break is during my hour of personal study in english, and then night time! other than that i have 6 hours of language study with a teacher 2 hours of language study as a district, 1 hour of language study as a companionship, and then whenever i am working out, walking, eating brushing i have my flash cards out and am trying to learn vocab words! we need to have 800 memorized before we leave in 8 weeks! I have 67..... haha the longer i am here and the more familiar with the language i get the easier it is to memorize the words! 

Day 12 

Today was sunday!! blessed blessed sunday!! It is truely a day of rest! i have a headache at least an hour a day from all the studying and stress but on sunday i dont worry about korean and can just focus on reading the scriptures, and feeling the spirit!! I love it so much! we all look forward to sunday because they are the best!!! We also get to go on temple walks every sunday around 3 and its nice to get out into the "REAL" world for a bit!! lol I went to the choir practice and the director told a story of Brigham young before he knew about the church! He said he was outside one night and saw this weird cloud/rainbow thing start to form. curious he watched it get bigger and bigger and fly over his head! he started to see marching soldiers marching in perfect unison! the army grew bigger and bigger till he saw a giant army marching south east! a couple years later when he met joseph smith he told him the story of how he had been meeting with an angel for the past 4 years and then one day the angel told him to get the plates! to Brigham Youngs surprise that was the same day that he saw the army! God had sent forth his spirit armies all over to josephs aid to help protect him!! I felt the spirit so strong!! it was sooooo cool!! 

Day13

Today was our first TRC! that is basically a 30 minute lesson with 2 members.... all in korean!! haha we were very stressed and worried about it but it ended up not being as bad as we thought!! I actually loved it and the spirit was so strong!!! One of them was a returned missionary from my same mission BUSAN!!! the other was a 15 year old! the RM said he enjoyed playing games, playing soccer, and going to school the rest  i didnt understand cause it dont know to much korean!! the 15 year old does korean rap and is pretty good!! haha it was pretty cool to see how much i understood and how much they understood of me!! it gave me hope!!

I am loving it here so much! and couldn't of asked for better companions!! they are all studs and have the strongest testimony!! I can't wait till i get out in the mission field and can start teaching people who truely need it!!! I am running out of time so im gonna cut it short! but if any of you have anymore questions for me just email me and ask i would love to answer them!! love you all so much!!!! 


Jonin yesu cooreesudokaw koojooedanun coser argo eesumneeda. Jonin hannaneim abojeeka oorydur  sardamhadanun coser argor eesumneeda. Jonin josyepsumesuka hananeem abojeedur marsumhadanun coser argo eesumneeda!!  

(I know that jesus christ is our savior, i know that god loves us, i know that joseph smith spoke with god!)

Love 
 Elder Stagg








No comments:

Post a Comment