Hello how is good ole Meegook? There are 2 things about america that I want to change. the first one rhymes with dump, slump, rump, etc...
the second is the lack of kimchi in the great land of america! What the heck america! Eat kimchi! (I have a feeling that kimchi might be mentioned this general confrence) (Probably sunday morning after president monson and right before president Uctchdorf)
So I am not sure what I said last week but we sat down 2 Thursdays ago we sat down and made a plan on how many baptisms we can get this transfer and what we need to do in order to get those baptisms! Well after that we worked really hard but only seemed to get farther behind in our goal. (we have dropped all but one of our investigators) But this thursday we talked about our goals saw where we can improve and consecrated ourselves. My zone leader in Jeju told me something I have never forgot. "everyday requires a reconsecration of yourself, it never gets easy, it never becomes habit you always need to focus on it and try your hardest." Since I have been really trying and doing that I have come to appreciate the song "I need thee every hour". Its so true. I really do need Christ every second of every minute of every hour of everyday.... etc....
One cool thing that has come from my mission is that Jesus Christ is no more just a name. Now he is a person! Reading Jesus the Christ was the best thing I ever could of done! I now understand what he went through I know how he would react and I try and live my life like him. And from reading the Book of Mormon this transfer its coming alive also. I am always comparing what we are going through to what alma and amulek went through. It just not as extreme... haha but the other day we were talking to this shin chon jee preacher (the creepy church the destorys other churches) and he was talking with us and asking us questions and as we were able to answer questions, that he didnt think could be answered I saw him start to get scared/angry. So we ended up leaving because he started to get really angry. But it reminded me of when alma and amulek are preaching to the amalekites and zeezorum (dont know how to spell his name) is trying to argue with them but as they answer all his questions he starts to shake and quiver as he realizes he is wrong. I love reading the Book of Mormon and reading about my saviors life!
Ok so this week elder park got sick so we spent 2 days inside, which sucked! on tuesday we went to zone conference and we were both feeling sick like we were going to puke so we directly went home afterwards and elder park started puking. I would of except the fact that I didnt eat anything that whole day so i had nothing to puke. But then the next day I was feeling fine but Elder park was still sick so I did studies, and then started to call old investigators. But after an hour or 2 I had called all the old investigators! so I read Jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon. Super hard to not be outside! But after that day he felt better. So this week we have spent 3 days in masan, (which is a hour and half bus ride from our house) we had zone conference, stake priesthood meeting and stake conference. And tomorrow back down to masan for zone meeting! So not much has happened this week!
I love the savior! I know as we look to him for help and let his stories come to life in our lives we will see miracles! He sacrificed everything for us, the least we can do is thank him and use what he has already purchased and suffered for! Read the book of Mormon everyday, along with praying before and after reading! If you do this and recognize your need for Christ you will not move when trials and temptations come your way because you will have a sure and steady foundation in christ! (Helamen 5:12)
Love you all talk to you next week!
-Elder Stagg
| Ketchup crosses all cultures |
| Just a little something I threw together for a street display |
| Yummy |
| All good things come in pairs |
| There is no such thing as too much sushi |
| All the tourists clamor for this |
No comments:
Post a Comment